Weekend Markets are a popular shopping centre to the shoppers and they have become a popular place of attraction to locals, tourists and foreigners. With almost everything sold by vendors at a bargaining rate, almost many cities boast of weekend markets. Products like handicrafts, antiques, fashion outfits, accessories, trendy shoes, books, home decoration, furniture etc. are available at a throw away price. Weekend markets not only offer shopping products but they also offer food and beverage items along with entertainment facilities and parking areas located within and around.
A weekend market in Australia gives you a colorful and vivacious weekend with family and friends. Do not miss your chance of walking down the quaint and spruced up cobblestone laneways to shop and hang out in the most romantic surrounding.
6 Ways to have a Great Time at Weekend Market in Australia
- While names of markets dime a dozen, you should make your pick. You can walk to a weekend market on Fridays, or Saturdays or Sundays when they are hosted to shoppers’ delight. In the past it was popular only among the localities and traders but gradually it became a landmark and must-visit place for tourists and shoppers.
- With diverse collection and trendy products, you can shop till you drop. Weekend market is a home to hundreds of stalls and may be thousands of fun centers with a lot of visitors thronging those places. You will find everything from clothing to CDs, novelty items, souvenirs and accessories at hard-to-beat prices. Some particular markets in Australia are popularly known for hosting vintage items and an eclectic mix of contemporary and traditional products. While you find the items displayed for sale in bunch of shops, there is a plethora of taste bud delights offering gourmet sausages, Turkish gozleme, barbecued salmon, and much more. Therefore, you can have good food time with friends and family.
- When you squeeze out a day from your busy week for weekend market, you will not be disappointed because of the stuff available and the feasible bargaining rates. You can get everything from your wish list and at a very nominal price. Australia is known for surprising shoppers with markets for niche crowd. It means that there are exclusive weekend souks to attract young vibes. Opened on Saturdays, you can find such market places selling jeans, music, T-shirts, candles, etc. targeted for the youths.
- Do step into the markets held on Sundays at the beachfronts. Here, you can expect a fabulous mix of arts, jewelry, crafts, retro and vintage. When it comes to selecting original designer clothes these markets seek your attention. To make your weekend market shopping experience a worthy one, you need to have a rough idea of what you want so that you are not hypnotized by what you see. You can bring back few exciting finds. These markets cover a huge area so you can spend the entire day hanging around.
- The vendors or the local weekend merchandisers are not so economically forward. When you purchase from them, the money they earn is most likely spend on the establishment which will help boost the economy in the long run. Search the internet and you will learn that certain markets are held only on the fourth Saturday and also the second Sunday. Along with enjoying awesome harbor view, you get a wide display of products that speak of the essence of Australia, its people and culture.
- With the wide range of goods and the bargaining sessions with friendly and responsive sellers, you are sure to get more items than expected. The Australian market boasts of dynamic mix of local vendors, artists, designers; and their products. To savor and experience the best of Australia and to know about its people and lifestyle, there cannot be a better option than visiting a weekend market.