I live in Cairns and love it - and can't help raving on about it!
By marty yates
Published on 31st August, 2009
1. Spend an afternoon in the Lagoon.
No crocs, no sharks, no jellyfish, just cool clear water.
2. Swim at Crystal Cascades.
Rockpool after rockpool, waterfall after waterfall.
3. Walk the Red Arrow track for views of the city.
Or run, thats what most cairns people do.
4. Enjoy a swim and a cool drink at Lake Placid.
The swims free, the drinks are cheap.
5. Float down the Mulgrave river from Ross & Locke reserve to Gordonvale.
If you haven't got a boat blow up an innertube.
6. Watch the reef boats come back in from the Marina.
And play pick the most sunburnt english backpacker.
7. Go for a Wednesday afternoon sail with the Cairns Cruising Yacht Club.
If they need crew it's free.
8. walk from Holloways Beach to Yorkeys Knob.
even better with a loved one.
9. Climb Walsh's Pyramid for amazing Views.
it's steep and long, but it's worth it.
10.Hike up the Barron Gorge.
and see the Barron falls from the bottom, and watch the tourists at the top wondering how to get where you are.
info on all the above at http://www.visitcairns.com.au